Windscreen Chips – to Repair or Replace?
Windscreen repair or replacement? Instant Windscreens & Tinting ensures that the highest quality work is done for the best price, the first time, every time. For a fraction of the cost of replacing a windscreen, we can simply repair stone chips and cracks to the same strength as the original glass.
Instant Windscreens & Tinting will ensure that your individual needs are tailored through our innovative solutions. Please keep in mind, however, that in line with guidelines set out under the Australian New Zealand safety Standard AS/NZS 2366.1-1999, some chips or cracks are required to be replaced rather than repaired.
Further limitations on the repair of vehicle glass exist if:
- A total of eight or more previous repairs anywhere on the windscreen
- A crack starts and finishes at the edge of the windscreen
- Damage extends through more than the outer layer of glass
- There is notable delamination of the laminate bonding layer at or near the new damage
- When centering the overlay template on the new damage, the previous repairs are also located partially or wholly within the overlay area. Or if the new or old repairs are partially or wholly within the critical vision area.
Windscreen stone chip repairs are our speciality
Regardless of whether you require car glass repair, or a new windscreen for your van or coach, when it comes to autoglass replacement and repairs, our service is unsurpassed. With over 35 years’ experience servicing domestic and commercial customers all across Australia, our brand has become a trusted name in the industry.
Our team can usually identify if your windscreen can be repaired over the phone based on your description, but once your vehicle is brought in we take the extra time to thoroughly examine your vehicle glass to evaluate whether you require our first-rate chip repair services, or an entire replacement. This professional inspection could ultimately save you a lot of money if your chip is easily repairable, rather than committing to the expense of a brand new windscreen.
Contact our friendly team for further assistance
Our staff are on standby to answer any questions you might have or schedule in your car, van, truck or other vehicle for an autoglass evaluation, repair, or replacement. Call us on 132 444.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Proudly Australian Owned
- 24 Hour 7 Day Service
- Over 34 years Experience
- Same Day Service
- We come to You!